How can you lessen your carbon footprint?
Coach travel is the greenest way to travel in North America. One motor coach on the road is the equivalent of taking 55 cars from the road. This reduces congestion, saves
fuel, and cuts emissions. Here at Coach Atlantic, we are committed to environmental efficiency and striving to lessen each travelers carbon footprint.
Consistently seeking green solutions to lessen the impact of transportation on our society, Coach Atlantic Group supports a sustainable future by:
- Recycling used tires
- Using alternative fuels
- Limiting idle time
- Using LED lamps
- Training employees on Green Initiatives
We seek to learn and use the best practices for environmentally sustainable transportation. Our service succeeds in taking thousands of vehicles off the road each year. We strive to reduce the number of cars on the road each and every day. Coach Atlantic’s drivers and representatives take pride in their actions and have a firm commitment to environmental well being.
How can you participate in green travel?
Did you know traveling by motor coach is the most environmentally friendly form of transportation available?
- Motor coaches have the lowest carbon footprint compared to all other modes of transportation.
- Switching to motor coach travel for the 12,500 miles traveled annually by the
average automobile would reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 4.3 tons per automobile annually.
- Motor coaches are the most fuel-efficient transportation mode in North America when measured in terms of passenger miles per gallon of fuel.
- Motor coaches provide 184 passenger miles per gallon of fuel; single-occupant automobiles, in contrast, achieve 28 passenger miles per gallon.
- Carbon dioxide emissions are reduced by an average of 85% per passenger mile for every person who chooses motor coach travel instead of driving alone.
- Motor coaches emit the least carbon dioxide (CO2) per passenger mile when compared to other vehicles, and are on average 6 times more energy and fuel-efficient than single occupancy automobiles.
- Motor coaches are 3 times more efficient in reducing CO2 output when compared to commuter rail, and 5 times more efficient than transit buses.